To register for SUMMER:
All returning and new students should register as NEW students in the new registration software so that you can create a new login and password.
Complete the registration process with payment (summer classes require full payment at the time of registration)
Your username will be the email that you provided. You will receive a confirmation email that will give you a temporary password. If you did not receive an email, first look in your spam or junk folder. If you still do not receive an email, call our office at 205-870-0073. We suggest that you go to the link provided in your email and go to “Edit Profile” and change your password to one that you desire.
SUMMER (June and July) Policies
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions of The Dance Foundation registration, the registrant agrees to the fees and policies of the Dance Foundation, consents to The Dance Foundation’s use of photos or video taken of the registrant and/or the registrant’s child participating in The Dance Foundation’s programs, and voluntarily agrees to release The Dance Foundation and their affiliated entities from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for personal injury or loss suffered by the registrant or the registrant’s enrolled child in connection with participation in The Dance Foundation programs.
- If the status of your enrollment changes (I.e. moving, dropping, etc.), it is your responsibility to contact The Dance Foundation office to tell us of the change. Should your plans change, 50% of the summer tuition is refundable prior to the first class upon notification of The Dance Foundation office. No refunds or credits will be provided on or after the date of the first class.
- Payments received will be applied to the oldest fees and costs outstanding; new classes may not be registered for until previous account balances are paid in full.
- Past due accounts: The responsible party (as entered during the registration process) is liable for any and all fees and costs associated with collecting any past due balances, including attorney fees and court costs.
- All weekly classes and camps must have a minimum number of students registered to run. The Dance Foundation will notify you if a class or camp will not run due to low enrollment and will suggest another class or provide a refund.
- The Dance Foundation expects each participant to have the ability to learn well within an age and developmentally appropriate group setting. The Dance Foundation reserves the right to ask a participating child to leave class or camp if he/she is disruptive or cannot participate in an acceptable manner.
- The Dance Foundation respects the privacy of our students and does not share student information without consent.
- Financial assistance is available upon request.
Student privacy is highly valued at The Dance Foundation. We do not share, trade or sell student information.
Notice of nondiscriminatory policy: The Dance Foundation admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin or any other status protected by federal, state or local law to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin or any other status protected by federal, state or local law in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs and other school-administered programs.
Comments and Concerns:
Feedback is welcome and valued. Please share your comments, compliments or concerns with the person closest to the program or issue in question. Click here for contact information. This staff member should be best able to address your needs. If you feel that person is not the most appropriate contact or has not addressed your concern, please contact the Artistic Director or the Executive Director. Not sure who to contact? Call us at 205.870.0073 and we will direct you to the appropriate staff member.
SEPTEMBER THROUGH MAY fees & Policies for Classes :
1. Registration fee: $35 per family, non-refundable. Returning students receive priority until May 21st. New students are encouraged to register before May 21st, but will not be confirmed before that date.
2. Student accounts with any outstanding balance must be paid in full before registration can be processed. Failure to do so will result in delaying the processing of your registration.
3. Tuition (below): Please choose one category: monthly, tri-annually, or annually. Payments are due on the 1st of the month and are late after the 10th. First tuition payment is due by August 1. Tri-annual payments are for three months each, due Aug. 1, Nov. 1, and Feb. 1. Monthly payments are the prorated amount of the annual total, equally distributed over nine calendar months of classes, August through April. Tri-annual and annual payment plans give you a 5% discount.
4. Payments: payments received will be applied to the oldest fees and costs outstanding. When paying by check, please include the name of the student(s) in the memo to assure accurate posting. Mail or bring your payments to The Dance Foundation.
5. Late Fee: on the 11th of each month a late fee of $10 will be assessed to all outstanding accounts.
6. The Dance Foundation has the discretion to cancel a class and accommodate students in other classes to the best of The Dance Foundation’s ability. Students who cannot be enrolled in an alternate class and choose to withdraw their registration before participation will have any prepaid fees refunded.
7. Past due accounts: Students who carry a past due account balance for two or more months are not permitted to return to class until their account is current. Students with any unpaid performance fees, tuition or other fees cannot participate in The Dance Foundation productions, including the spring performance. The responsible party (as indicated by their signature on the registration form) is liable for any and all fees and costs associated with collecting any past due balance including attorney fees and court costs.
8. Tuition is not prorated for missed classes. Makeup classes are not offered or permitted.
9. If the status of your enrollment changes (i.e. moving, dropping, etc.), it is your responsibility to notify The Dance Foundation office ASAP to tell us of the change. Without timely notification, tuition accrues and billing continues.
10. Performance fees cover costumes and production costs. Dancers and Actors get to keep their costumes. If the responsible party chooses not to have his or her child participate in the spring performances, the responsible party must notify the The Dance Foundation office by November 1, 2017. Otherwise, a costume will be ordered, and you will be obligated for at least 50% of the performance fee.
11. The Dance Foundation expects each student to have the ability to participate within an age-appropriate group setting. We reserve the right to ask a student to leave class if he/she is disruptive or cannot participate in an acceptable manner.
12. Student class placement is at the discretion of The Dance Foundation program staff. Program staff will also review class placement and revise accordingly as the year progresses.
13. The Dance Foundation strives to include students of all abilities in our studio classes, but may not have the necessary staff or resources for each circumstance. The Dance Foundation reserves the right to dis-enroll a student if appropriate staffing and support are not possible for the student needing additional assistance in that class setting. Accommodations will be explored with program staff on a student-by-student basis. If a child has any challenges which may be of concern, parents are encouraged to share information about their child with program staff when enrolling for class.